TOP TIPS FOR DETOXING
By ILONA WESLE, MYDETOXDIET.CO.UK
Detoxing can enhance energy levels, aid weight loss, clear the skin and improve digestion.
Ilona Wesle of MyDetoxDiet.co.uk suggests following these detox tips for seven days…
- Avoid black tea, coffee and alcohol. Instead drink herbal tea, e.g. nettle to support the kidneys or MyDetoxDiet’s 7×7 tea to cleanse the liver
- Drink at least 1 liter of water per day – ideally more
- Drink fresh juices, e.g. carrot, beetroot, apple and cucumber as they are fantastically nourishing and cleansing
- Avoid processed foods e.g. ready meals, savory snacks, biscuits. Instead eat food in its natural state. Cook by steaming, lightly boiling or poaching – this way you will keep most of the goodness in the food
- Chose organic food in order to minimize your intake of toxic pesticides. Its not always easy to find organic food so do the best you can – it will make a difference
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables per day – ideally more. At lunchtime and for dinner, aim to cover at least 60% of your plate with vegetables and eat as much variety as possible
- Reduce your consumption of animal products. Avoid dairy and replace milk with soya or nut milks. Lentils, beans, quinoa, seeds and nuts are good protein alternatives
- And finally, you can support the Detox process by getting a good night’s sleep, trying Yoga or Pilates, treating yourself to a massage or infrared dome session and exercising regularly
About the Author
Ilona Wesle is a nutritionist and co-founder of MyDetoxDiet.co.uk which provides you with a clean, natural and easy way to clear your body of toxins and regain your natural health, vitality and energy.