Glutathione is considered to be the body’s most powerful antioxidant and detoxifying agent.
However, although Glutathione can be seen on the supplement shelf, direct intake does little to increase cellular levels as oral forms to date have been poorly absorbed and broken down by the stomach. But it has been discovered that NAC supplements combined with key vitamins in their purest form, do effectively stimulate the production of Glutathione and raise intracellular Glutathione levels.
So what exactly is Glutathione? Dr. Yannis Alexandrides, Harley St Plastic Surgeon and Founder of 111SKIN explains:
– Glutathione is made up of three amino acids, and is the single most powerful antioxidant produced in the body
– It is present in every cell of the body, but slowly starts to deplete after the age of 25. It preserves and protects skin cells, combats chronological ageing and stimulates the skin’s ability to repair itself.
– By stimulating the production of Glutathione, the cells ability to fight free radical damage is strengthened, and the ageing process is delayed
– Glutathione protects your DNA from damage and maintains optimal immunity. As well as fighting free radicals, it reduces inflammation and helps fend off heart disease, cancer, neurological decline, dementia and many more common diseases.
– Glutathione helps keep vital cell mitochondria producing optimum energy.
For more information see: www.111skin.com