THREE QUICK AND EASY SOCIAL MEDIA TRICKS
By CHANTAL COOKE
Here are three quick and easy tricks to help you build your profile online and attract new followers and visitors to your site.
Join the crowd
If you want to meet and interact with people – then go where other people go.
- If you’re in LinkedIn join groups and participate in them
- Submit your blog to content creators like StumpledUpon
- Look for trending topics in Twitter and popular #hashtags then Tweet relevant (and useful / interesting) information and attach it to the topic or hashtag
- Piggy-back hot news stories with your take on the news or additional useful information
Grab their attention;
- Give your Tweets and blogs a catchy headline. Pique the audience’s interest. E.g. three quick and easy social media tricks; why journalists are ignoring your press releases; five ways to drive traffic to your blog
- Be a bit over-the-top. For example; five things you MUST do this year; my best ever decision in business. But beware – don’t do this too often or you’ll desensitise your audience
Tell them why they are rubbish or have got it wrong. E.g. 10 reasons no one visits your site; why social media is a waste of time; the three mistakes every boss makes. Again, use sparingly but once in a while this can work well!
About the Author:
Chantal Cooke is an award winning journalist and broadcaster with a passion for the planet. In 2002 she co-founded the award winning radio station PASSION for the PLANET and in 2009 Chantal was awarded London Leader in Sustainability status. Chantal also runs a successful communications agency – Panpathic Communications.